Wow, i really have been neglecting this blog! I don’t know why, i suppose i’ve just been enjoying my analogue life too much lately. Even worse: i don’t have anything new to share just yet. I’m working on a few projects – as usual – but they’re still UFO’s (UnFinished Objects ↬One Sheepish Girl). I haven’t been thrifting in a looooooong time, and i haven’t crocheted anyting either. So all i have to offer you right now is an update of my 30 goals. And it’s not looking good, i have to get my butt in gear…
- move out of my tiny studio apartment and into a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment – Still looking, but not hard enough
- have at least 4 vacations – One down, two in the making.
travel abroad at least 2 times – Been to Copenhagen, booked a holiday to Vienna.
- get a totally new hairdo (maybe bangs?) – Does finally growing long hair count?
learn a new skill/craft – Still practicing manga, but i’m not getting any better at it. But the goal didn’t say ‘master a new skill’, so i’m crossing this off my list.
- start internet dating – Not started yet. Kinda nerve wrecking…
- write at least 52 blog posts (i averaged only 3 posts a month this year ) – Hmmm, this month has not been helpful.
- go on a nighttime photography trip – Not done it yet.
- sew a piece of clothing – I’ve bought the fabric and know what i want to make, now i just have to go and sew the damn thing.
learn how to knit better – I totally have the basics down. But i don’t enjoy it, so i guess i will leave it at knowing the basics.
- get my moles checked out – Not done this yet, but i’m also not worried about them.
go to a rock festival again – Rock Werchter, next weekend. Can’t wait, it’s been 5 years!
- go to more concerts – Doing o.k: Kasabian, Pearl Jam, Rufus Wainwright, Radiohead.
- go to the cinema more often – I go everytime there’s a movie that i find even slightly interesting. But that just doens’t happen very often.
- start a movie meetup group – Haven’t done this yet.
- shoot at least 4 rolls of analogue lomofilm – One down, three to go.
- make my own crobot pattern – Not done this yet either.
go on a long bicycle tour – Rode from Veldhoven to Tilburg, a 50km trip. That counts.
- finish writing my story/novel ‘Baptist Bar’ – working on the outline, i might join NaNoWriMo this year…
join NaNoWriMo or the associated Script Frenzy – Won Script Frenzy.
- become a certified pilot on Flight Simulator – haven’t even finished the second lesson succesfully. This is a daunting task for someone without even a driver’s license.
cancel my bookclub subscription – Done.
- watch Citizen Kane – Not seen it yet.
- throw a summer cocktailparty – It’s raining all the time and doesn’t get warm enough outside for bare legs or to take your coat off, so i’m just waiting for the weather to clear up. June is breaking records when it comes to wetness.
- read Crime and Punishment – Haven’t even started yet.
- finish reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance – Still only halfway through.
- Visit Madurodam – Not been there yet.
- visit more museums – I have seen only one museum on the inside this year. So not really doing very good on this one.
- enter a photography contest/challenge – Nope.
- stick to all of my resolutions – THE most challenging one.
People, i am proud to announce that i am a Script Frenzy 2012 Winner! And have been since thursday last. So that is one thing crossed of my 30-goals-list.
I am also really excited that i once again have time for new dreams and projects. But first i am going on a little photography trip to Kopenhagen, Denmark. Hopefully we’ll be able to do some nighttime photography as well while over there, so i can cross that off my list too.
Other things coming up: making sprout-bookmarks (↬Dainty Squid), trying my hand once again at tie ‘n dye (or rather dipdye), creating a new website i have planned with sister #2, trying out new recipes, practicing my drawing skills and flying skills (on Flight Simulator), etc. I could go on forever.
Today, however, i will start with a big spring clean. The weather is finally soft enough to open all doors and windows, so the perfect conditions to get my duster, vacuumcleaner and cleaning agents out.
All these new plans and activities just make me smile. Along with the new Rufus Wainwright album, which has been playing on my computer all week. Completely legal, i swear, via 3voor12-Luisterpaal (probably for Dutchies only?).
Okay, so the house is clean, the fridge is stacked and i have my supplies at the ready:
got my laptop, my candy, my trusty coffee mug, my pens and paper, my Script Frenzy calender, my outline and my copy of Hamlet which i will need for the climax of my story. Ready, set, go!
It’s the first of april and Script Frenzy starts today. For those of you who don’t know what that is, and are too lazy to Google: Script Frenzy is an online challenge to write a 100-page script in 1 month. In april to be exact. Thousands of people participate in this challenge. There’s a website where you can share your progress and where they validate your pagecount. There is no prize, you do it for the honour, the pride and to finally finish your first draft. It’s quantity over quality. When you sign up, you’ll get loads of pep-mails and tips&tricks.
This is actually from the same organization that brings us NaNoWiMo in november.
A while ago i did a post about 30 goals i want to achieve before i turn 31 in november. Succesfully finishing Script Frenzy was one of them, so i am really keen to get started. I signed up weeks ago and finished my outline and character descriptions last week. Tonight, before i go to bed, i will have written the first 4 pages of my script RUMSPRINGA. And no, it’s not about the Amish.
Speaking about the list of goals, this is the current status:
- i am still looking for a new apartment
- i have tickets to see Pearl Jam and Radiohead, i’ve been to Kasabian, and i have a ticket for Rock Werchter
- i am practicing my manga drawing skills, but i still suck at it
- i have a 50% off coupon from my hairdresser, so i will be going soon and coming out with a new mop
- i have booked a camping trip to Vienna in late august, and am working on a trip to Kopenhagen
Doing pretty good considering it’s still only april, right?
Hi! I do believe i have some serious catching up to do. Many times have i promised to keep you all updated on different projects, but i just don’t seem to keep my promises. I want to do better this year, so to start of here’s a few follow-ups from previous posts, working my way backwards in time.
Promise nr1: I finished crocheting my little stuffed animal. It’s a little dragon, did you guess right? I used this free pattern, but i altered it considerably. It turned out very cute.
Promise nr 2: I promised to keep you updated on my 30 goals before 31. So here it goes.
1. move out of my tiny studio apartment and into a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment: just now contacted a realter.
5. learn a new skill/craft: i am learning to draw manga
7. write at least 52 blog posts: well, this is a contribution
10. learn how to knit better: working on a project again
12. go to a rock festival again: i might just go to Rock Werchter again this year (yay!)
13. go to more concerts: i already have tickets to see Pearl Jam and Kasabian
Promise nr 3: I crocheted an iPhone cozy, orininally intended for a friend. But i decided to make her a different one, and put this one up on the give away section. So if you’d like to have it, just leave me a comment or send me an e-mail.
the brown triangle is a flap covering the opening on top, it's secured with two loops around the eyes
Promise nr 4: My mom sent me the pictures i took when we went for a walk at Drie. They didn’t turn out really great, because i was also holding an umbrella and it was quite dark in the woods. Here are the best ones (all unedited):
Promise nr 5: I promised to keep you updated on 2 little projects i was going to try my hand at: polaroid painting and making my own lightbox. Both were not succesful. I am not an artist, and my polaroidpainting looked like something a five year old would make at school. It was fun to do, but too embarassing to post. And the lightbox, well, i tried to make one that can be folded up and stored away. But it turned out to be very unstable, falling over all the time. I’m working on an idea to improve on it, but so far i still don’t have a lightbox and i refuse to buy one.
A couple of weeks ago, i turned 30. I usually make my new year’s resolutions on my birthday. They’re quite personal, about the person i want to be on my next birthday. It’s a tradition i started on my 16th birthday, and i’ve kept it up ever since. But this year, i thought i’d join in with everyone else in the blog community and make as many resolutions as i am years old. So next year, on my 31st birthday, i want to have achieved these 30 goals:
- move out of my tiny studio apartment and into a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment
- have at least 4 vacations
- travel abroad at least 2 times
- get a totally new hairdo (maybe bangs?)
- learn a new skill/craft
- start internet dating
- write at least 52 blog posts (i averaged only 3 posts a month this year 😦 )
- go on a nighttime photography trip
- sew a piece of clothing
- learn how to knit better
- get my moles checked out
- go to a rock festival again
- go to more concerts
- go to the cinema more often
- start a movie meetup group
- shoot at least 4 rolls of analogue lomofilm
- make my own crobot pattern
- go on a long bicycle tour
- finish writing my story/novel ‘Baptist Bar’
- join NaNoWriMo or the associated Script Frenzy
- become a certified pilot on Flight Simulator
- cancel my bookclub subscription
- watch Citizen Kane
- throw a summer cocktailparty
- read Crime and Punishment
- finish reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- Visit Madurodam
- visit more museums
- enter a photography contest/challenge
- stick to all of my resolutions
I will try to keep you updated on these resolutions, and hopefully on my birthday next year i have crossed them all of my list…