Yes, i’m still alive. But having serious doubts about this blog here. I feel like the content i’m creating is nothing new, nothing interesting and being done way better by others. So i’m kind of feeling like a bad copycat. I’m also having a really hard time coming up with content in the first place. But i do like to write little pieces, so i don’t want to stop blogging all together. When i think about content i could write every day without getting stuck or uninspired, i come up with healthy vegetarian recipes, product reviews, and reviews of music, movies and tv and books. And maybe some random stuff i find on the internet while browsing. So i guess i will be giving this blog another make over soon. I’m already working on several posts.
Please have a little patience with me while i figure things out.
Wow, i really have been neglecting this blog! I don’t know why, i suppose i’ve just been enjoying my analogue life too much lately. Even worse: i don’t have anything new to share just yet. I’m working on a few projects – as usual – but they’re still UFO’s (UnFinished Objects ↬One Sheepish Girl). I haven’t been thrifting in a looooooong time, and i haven’t crocheted anyting either. So all i have to offer you right now is an update of my 30 goals. And it’s not looking good, i have to get my butt in gear…
- move out of my tiny studio apartment and into a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment – Still looking, but not hard enough
- have at least 4 vacations – One down, two in the making.
travel abroad at least 2 times – Been to Copenhagen, booked a holiday to Vienna.
- get a totally new hairdo (maybe bangs?) – Does finally growing long hair count?
learn a new skill/craft – Still practicing manga, but i’m not getting any better at it. But the goal didn’t say ‘master a new skill’, so i’m crossing this off my list.
- start internet dating – Not started yet. Kinda nerve wrecking…
- write at least 52 blog posts (i averaged only 3 posts a month this year ) – Hmmm, this month has not been helpful.
- go on a nighttime photography trip – Not done it yet.
- sew a piece of clothing – I’ve bought the fabric and know what i want to make, now i just have to go and sew the damn thing.
learn how to knit better – I totally have the basics down. But i don’t enjoy it, so i guess i will leave it at knowing the basics.
- get my moles checked out – Not done this yet, but i’m also not worried about them.
go to a rock festival again – Rock Werchter, next weekend. Can’t wait, it’s been 5 years!
- go to more concerts – Doing o.k: Kasabian, Pearl Jam, Rufus Wainwright, Radiohead.
- go to the cinema more often – I go everytime there’s a movie that i find even slightly interesting. But that just doens’t happen very often.
- start a movie meetup group – Haven’t done this yet.
- shoot at least 4 rolls of analogue lomofilm – One down, three to go.
- make my own crobot pattern – Not done this yet either.
go on a long bicycle tour – Rode from Veldhoven to Tilburg, a 50km trip. That counts.
- finish writing my story/novel ‘Baptist Bar’ – working on the outline, i might join NaNoWriMo this year…
join NaNoWriMo or the associated Script Frenzy – Won Script Frenzy.
- become a certified pilot on Flight Simulator – haven’t even finished the second lesson succesfully. This is a daunting task for someone without even a driver’s license.
cancel my bookclub subscription – Done.
- watch Citizen Kane – Not seen it yet.
- throw a summer cocktailparty – It’s raining all the time and doesn’t get warm enough outside for bare legs or to take your coat off, so i’m just waiting for the weather to clear up. June is breaking records when it comes to wetness.
- read Crime and Punishment – Haven’t even started yet.
- finish reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance – Still only halfway through.
- Visit Madurodam – Not been there yet.
- visit more museums – I have seen only one museum on the inside this year. So not really doing very good on this one.
- enter a photography contest/challenge – Nope.
- stick to all of my resolutions – THE most challenging one.
Well hello. You didn’t think i had disappeared, did you? I’ve just been super busy, and also enjoying the incredible weather we’ve been having the past week. But now temperatures have gone down, and i need my camera tomorrow for a shoot, so this is the perfect time to sort out my Copenhagen photo’s. Here’s a few of the best shots:
tulips in Tivoli
80 meters high carrousel
scary dragon in Tivoli
lasershow in Tivoli
display in the Lego store
a giant R2-D2 in the Lego store
a very crowded but sunny Nyhavn
a rudder in the sunshine
couldn’t miss the famous mermaid statue
can you guess what this is?
cloudy skies over Holland on the flight back home
Maybe soon i’ll also share a few of the photo’s my mom took, she’s a better photographer than me.
I’m still sorting through my Copenhagen photo’s. So to tie you over, here’s my top 5 picks from the new items at Ikea (Netherlands at least). In no particular order.
Raskog trolley in turqoise. It has that great retro industrial feel.
PS Piedestal for plants. Ideal for my tiny apartment, to add a little greenery. Seriously considering buying one.
Frasera whiskey glass. I don’t like whiskey at all, but i suppose gin would taste great in a glass like this.
PS cupboard. I lurve this, no further explanation needed.
Vandring Igelkott squeeky hedgehog. At 30 i’m still a sucker for stuffed animals. Especiallu squeeky ones. Thankfully i can keep myself from actually buying them.
Hi, i’m back! After spending a few days in beautiful sunny and warm Copenhagen, it was kind of disheartening coming back to the Dutch weather. And strange weather it is. It isn’t all that warm (somewhere between 16 and 20 degrees Celsius) but very humid (82%). And yesterday evening, during a mighty rainstorm that lasted only a few minutes really, it turned out that my house isn’t all that waterproof. I found a tiny puddle of rainwater on my fridge, that had seeped through the roof of my kitchen. No real damage, but still. And the humidity in the air is condensating on my bathroom walls and then dripping onto the floor, so i’ve had to remove all rugs and bathmats and i keep mopping up water. Oh well.
And now i’m wondering if we’ll have the same crappy weather this spring and summer as we did last year: nothing but rain. All the magazines and blogs out there are preparing us for a long, hot summer. Meals outside, picknicks, swimming pools, sunshine. Not really of any use at all in this little country of mine. So for everyone who is in the same predicament: here’s my recipe for still getting that spring/summer feeling even if it’s raining and a little cold.
First, open all your windows and doors and let the fresh air and bird sounds in. Especially when it’s raining. The air smells fantastic when it rains, just make sure you don’t let it rain in through the open windows. Now play some summer music on your stereo, like Paolo Nutini, CCR, Beastie Boys, FLC, Xavier Rudd, Kyuss, or maybe some Bob Marley. Paint your nails turquoise, or aqua, or a light shade of green. Make your own icecream, like fresh mint/white wine sorbet, or lime yoghurt popsicles. Eat salads. Even if you crave something warm, just make a lukewarm salad. Eat gazpacho. Make your days last as long as possible, so stay up late (again: with all doors and windows open).
Just pretend it’s warm and sunny outside. Simple, but that’s all it takes. Don’t stay indoors all day, don’t be afraid to get a little wet. It’s just water.
Tomorrow i leave for Denmark, and i’ll be gone untill sunday evening. After that i have to go back to work immediately, so i probably won’t post anything new until wednesday next week. So have great week, enjoy the sunshine, and hopefully i’ll be able to post a lot of nice photos when i get back.
People, i am proud to announce that i am a Script Frenzy 2012 Winner! And have been since thursday last. So that is one thing crossed of my 30-goals-list.
I am also really excited that i once again have time for new dreams and projects. But first i am going on a little photography trip to Kopenhagen, Denmark. Hopefully we’ll be able to do some nighttime photography as well while over there, so i can cross that off my list too.
Other things coming up: making sprout-bookmarks (↬Dainty Squid), trying my hand once again at tie ‘n dye (or rather dipdye), creating a new website i have planned with sister #2, trying out new recipes, practicing my drawing skills and flying skills (on Flight Simulator), etc. I could go on forever.
Today, however, i will start with a big spring clean. The weather is finally soft enough to open all doors and windows, so the perfect conditions to get my duster, vacuumcleaner and cleaning agents out.
All these new plans and activities just make me smile. Along with the new Rufus Wainwright album, which has been playing on my computer all week. Completely legal, i swear, via 3voor12-Luisterpaal (probably for Dutchies only?).